A stay-at-home mom's survival guide to surviving 3 under 3.

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm BACK!!

Phew... now that has been a whirlwind of a month!!

Just a quick update on the whereabouts of this new mama of 3!

So, where I left off: I was praying and praying that this beautiful baby boy would make a healthy arrival into this world. I am pleased to announce that HE DID! On February 16th, we welcomed our third son, Jameson Daniel, to this world!!

GOD IS GOOD..no, actually he is GREAT!

Here is our first family photo:
(a BIG thanks to my friend Ashley for taking this memorable picture!)

Wandering what I have been up to since then?? ha...


Well, I had a wonderful bonding experience with my new little man in the hospital! I finally got to experience the calmness that comes with one newborn versus two!  I realized that this unexpected blessing was a much needed blessing for several reasons and I tried hard to except the quiet time and just be still instead of worrying about home and what I wanted to get up and go do!

On my first night, I could not physically get out of bed due to my c-section and the fact that I was hooked up to so many "things". One of the nurses who came in to take care of me shared her daily devotional book that she reads called, Jesus Calling. I immediately downloaded the application on my iPhone.

This was the daily devotional for February 16th: 

"Thank ME for the conditions that are requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again. Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances"

Wow. What a lesson. It was as if it was written TO me FOR me on the perfect day. Here I was, not even 24 hours from delivering this amazing miracle and enduring a major surgery that I wanted to get up, unhook myself from all those machines and go home and take care of ALL of my boys. This was my wake up call.

Be still.

Let ME work for you.

Take this time and get to know your new little blessing that I have given you!

Be with him, be with me, be still...this is your reward!


Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
- Psalm 127:3


God is just SO SO GOOD! Please know that!



So this is my blog for this Monday. When you want to get up and go but you can not because you are sick, in that dreaded long line at the grocery store, waiting for your kids in the long car pool line or at the doctor's office or the DMV, wherever,  Just be still, be with HIM. Don't worry about getting through your predicament in a rush. Take that time to just BE.

Be with him.

Be still.

Reflect on your blessings.

Ask your prayers.

Think of all the ones he has answered for you.


I am the first one to admit, this is the BIGGEST issue I have. I can't just "BE". I always have something running through my mind. There is always some issue. Something I want more of. Now, I am going to try my hardest to just be still. Be with him in those times. I hope you will too!

And, NOW,  just a little snapshot of what my month consisted of:

 A picture Ashley took of me getting to know my new little man!


 A picture I took on my last full day at the hospital. Jameson was so heavenly and I 
was remembering my devotional and thanking and praising the man upstairs for answering my prayers!
I was: 
Still. Calm. And Rejoicing!


At 1 week, I somehow managed to get everyone out of the house and to a photo shoot. We were only 30 minutes late (okay maybe 45 if I am really being honest).  




I wish I could share ALL of his photos with you! They are TRULY 
amazing!!  My friend Kristi at Twice Blessed Photography captured these
wonderful shots and my friend Bethany at Gray Stitch Studio knitted his

 On March 16th, we celebrated 1 month with Baby Jameson!

And on March 18th, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day
with Jack & Jake's Play Group!

Until next Monday!


"Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling"
- Zechariah 2:13

Dear Lord,
When I come into a situation where I get impatient, please help me remember to be still and to simply use that time to reflect on all the good things that you have bestowed upon me. At that time, help me remember that it is not about the next to-do on my list or even about tomorrow; it is about today and how I can thank and praise you and reflect on all that you have given me.
- Amen

5 comments:

  1. Jenn! I feel like this was written for me today! My 3yr old is in school and I am hone alone with my 2 week old. I have changed my goals for the day and am going to do my best to just BE! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! Thank you for commenting! That is EXACTLY why I post this blog!!! We have to stick together as mama's! :) Congrats again on your newest little blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO wonderful to have you back in the "Blog World"! Jameson is absolutely precious, and your words were just what I needed today. Thank you, sweet friend, for being such a bright light my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok seriously, you have the cutest family ever! I can't wait to meet little Jameson. Please let me know next time you're in the Dallas area. Downloading that app now! thanks for sharing. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jenn! It ministered to me so much! I so love all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete