A stay-at-home mom's survival guide to surviving 3 under 3.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The What ifs

Well, in my house, Tuesday becomes Thursday and Thursday becomes Saturday. So for that Tuesday blog I mentioned, well, yeah, um, hmmm, it's Thursday! So it may be Saturday before I get it out! But it is a good one! Promise! A great one actually! I can not wait to post it!

With that.

Today is a day of prayer. My due date with #3 is now less than a week away! EEK! As my due date (actual due date because I am having a c-section) approaches, the nerves are starting to set in. The 'what-ifs' are starting to consume my mind. What if I ate too much candy, drank too much caffeine, exerted myself too much and have done something to harm this sweet innocent baby. What if his umbilical cord all of a sudden gets shut down or cord gets tied around his neck, or... or....

What if he just doesn't make it? 

This morning I questioned Johnny as he got ready for work. "So, you think he'll be okay, right?" Looking to him to be my rock. The one to say, "Yes honey, it will be okay. He'll make it"

But today, I remember our creator. God. His son Jesus. And that faithful thing we can turn to, prayer.


  • Ask
  • Release
  • Believe
  • Receive 


So today, I pray. I give up all those "what ifs" and I ask..

Dear Lord,


You are amazing. You are pure joy! I come to you today to ask for your unending protection over sweet baby Jameson. May he be safe in my womb. Help me protect him this last week. Help me deliver him, healthy and breathing the air that I breathe. Let him have LIFE here on earth with Johnny, Jake and Jack. We will have an AMAZING life together and love one another and You! Lord, I ask in Jesus name, to keep baby Jameson safe and with us! We ask for a healthy deliver and recovery. Be with Jamesom all the days of his life. Let us enjoy his presence at birth, as a newborn, as a baby, toddler, child, teenager, young adult and into his golden years. Let him have a special bond with his brothers, with us and with You! Let him be happy and healthy, hard working, caring, loyal and a care taker. May he be all that encompasses SUCCESS in your eyes.
- Amen

Simple as that. No more worries! Until next Wednesday when we see him, we will trust in YOU!

For all those who have worries on your mind, I hope this blogs reminds you that prayer is a great place to start! It sure helped me today!

4 comments:

  1. Love this Jennifer! I will be praying for you and your sweet family! God bless!! *hugs*
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Jennifer. Jameson is already such a blessing to you and all of us who cannot wait to meet him! We're praying for you! Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious Jen...what a blessing you are sweet friend. Thoughts and prayers your way ~ Love ya!

    ReplyDelete