A stay-at-home mom's survival guide to surviving 3 under 3.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Perfection!

I am trying to let go of one word. Perfection. At least in this life. I am starting to realize that as a mama of three, things just do not get done. Things around here are not going to be perfect. The house will not always be clean, my clothes will not always be cute, my paperwork will not always be filed, dinner will not always be hot or tasty, the boys will not always behave, I will not always be happy and so on.  I am trying to let go of "the best".  As I was reading my daily devotion last week, I came across something that spoke to me. I am always inspired by my daily devotions but some days they speak to me at a higher level and my life changes. Last week was one of those life changing reads. It read, "Do not long for the absence of problems in your life. That is an unrealistic goal, sincein this world you will have trouble. You have an eternity of problem-free living reserved for you in heaven. Rejoice in that inheritance, which no one can take away from you, but do not seek your heaven on earth." - Jesus Calling


To me that says, life will never be perfect here on earth. Stop seeking perfection here but do not fear because it [perfection] will be given to you in heaven.  Those words instantly took an ENORMOUS load of my back. 

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

So as I ponder on how I will survive these early years with three boys under three, I can rest easy knowing that the word perfection is being saved for me in heaven and I can happily delete it from my vocabulary while here!

Until next Monday!

Dear Lord,
Thank You for teaching me today that even though life here on earth is filled with troubles life with You in heaven will be struggle free. When times get tough and I feel that I can't keep up or things are not going as perfect as I want them to, remind me that they do not need to be perfect because perfection is only with You.
- Amen

1 comment:

  1. Just the other day, my husband told me, "Don't always try for perfection. Just try for better."

    You two must be on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete